Follow Us

Request Lost or damaged ID card Replacement


This service allows foreign missions to apply for replacement of lost or damaged diplomatic, international organizations, and special identity cards for employees and their families, through MoFAIC website. The replaced ID will be issued in case of stolen, lost or damaged ID.



Service Procedures

  • Login to MoFAIC website or Smart Mobile App.

  • Select Foreign Missions Services. Then click replace lost or damaged card, as per ID card type.

  • Fill in the fields and attach required documents.

  • The mission will receive a Reference Number.

  • The mission will receive an Email confirming that the card is ready and will be sent via the courier.

Service Fees
No Charges
Service Type
Complementary - Procedural
Service Time
15 Working Days
Total Transactions
Service Rate

Service Beneficiaries

  • Foreign Missions in UAE
  • Diplomatic staff members in Foreign Missions accredited to the UAE and their families (spouse and children).
  • Holders of diplomatic identity cards
  • Holders of International Organizations Identity Cards
  • Holders of Special Identity Cards
  • Employees under the embassy’s sponsorship

Required Documents

  • An official note signed and sealed by the foreign mission accredited to the UAE.
  • A copy of the Police Report.
  • The original ID card to be replaced in order to request replacement of a damaged card.
  • A copy of the ID card issued by MoFAIC.

Service Application Channels

  • MoFAIC website:
  • Smart Mobile App: (UAE MOFAIC)

Service Delivery Channels

  • MoFAIC website:
  • Smart Mobile App: (UAE MOFAIC)

Service Procedures

Service steps

Sustainable Development Goals


Terms and Conditions

  • A copy of the Police Report informing that the old ID card has been lost.
  • Hand over the original ID card to be replaced to MoFAIC, in order to request the replacement of a damaged card.

For Enquiries

Please call MoFAIC's call centre at +97180044444 or Enquire through the MoFAIC Website:

This link will direct you to an external website that may have different content and privacy policies from